PA Act 153, signed by Governor Corbett and effective in JAN 2015 adds required
“clearances” for volunteers in all child-serving organizations in the state of Pennsylvania
I. HOW TO OBTAIN YOUR REQUIRED PA STATE CHILD CLEARANCES
1. PENNSYLVANIA CHILD ABUSE HISTORY CLEARANCE (no charge for volunteers in PA) obtain your Department of Human Services (DHS) certificate through the Child Welfare Information Solution website:
a) PA resident LESS THAN 10 YEARS continuously, you need to complete the FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION (FBI) Fingerprints. Information to obtain this is here:https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_dpw.htm *Note: If you are living out of state, please look at the last item under the Registration section for information.*
** If you do not receive your results (certificate) in 4-6 weeks call (877) 371-5422. ** - Your credit card receipt is not your certificate and cannot be accepted.
ORb) PA resident MORE THAN 10 YEARS continuously, you may complete this PA-provided DISCLOSURE STATEMENT APPLICATION FOR VOLUNTEERS:**Sign and date this document in front of an adult witness, ask them to sign it. This is a two page document, make certain to include both pages when you scan it for upload.
NOTE: The PA Wing Command Staff and Personnel Officer have been working with NHQ eServices administrators on the “Clearance Certificates” module since JAN 2015. This module remains awork in progress.The administrators have our list of desired features. We forward “bug” reports to them as received. If you experience any problems please report them factually, including as much information as possible to facilitate their resolution. Please forward these reports firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you've obtained all documents detailed in 1-3 above, (DHS, PSP and the FBI Criminal Record Check Certificate or Disclosure Statement) scan ALL of the pages into ONE PDF document file and store it so it’s accessible for upload. (If you need assistance with this consider turning to fellow members and/or your chain-of-command; someone you know has the knowledge, skills, hardware and willingness to help you get this done!)
- Scanner Needs: You can use phone apps to scan if you do not have a scanner. Some apps are CamScanner (to JPEG), Document Scanner (to PDF, 7 day trial), & Scan to PDF (Simple & Free). OR you can reach out to another member of your squadron or group.
- File Combining: If you have individual files and need to combine them, you can usePDFJoiner , SmallPDF , PDFMerge or any other tool to combine your documents into one file.
- File Upload Issues: Try to keep the file size smaller than 2MB if you are receiving an error during the upload. If you are still having an issue loading a file but you have several online, delete them. If you can't delete them, email me and I can. See email below.
**And of course, we have our disclaimer that CAP is not promoting any of these applications/tools. Use at your own risk.**2. Logon to eServices3. In the new eServices, click on your name and select Security Clearances (in the old eServices, click on My Account on the top menu)4. On the left hand menu, select Clearance Certificates (this is also where you will check to see if you have been approved or to download a copy of what you uploaded)5. Click “Choose File” and select the file on your computer that contains your clearance documents (make sure file is less than 2MB)6. Enter the oldest date listed on your clearance documents (Ex: DHS- Sep, PSP- Oct; use September date)7. Click Submit8. You may get a message confirming your Clearance Certificate upload was successful.
a) If you receive an error during upload...1) make sure your file is less than 2MB
2) delete previously uploaded files
IF you have previously uploaded a file and upload another one... your first file is now overwritten by your second.
If the eServices upload is not successful, note the message displayed (if possible cut/paste it) and email this, along with your name and CAPID to the PAWG Personnel Officer email@example.com that it is a clearance certificate upload failure.